Otis 1992 to 2009. A life well spent.

"Otis last day Sept 14 2009 spent at the beach"
Otis' favorite place in the world was the beach. He knew many words and sentences. If I said, do you want to go to the beach, Otis would be by the door jumping up & down to get out. Once we got near the beach he would whimper & pace in the car. He never had the same reaction to the park, the beach was where it was at. Yesterday before the vet came we went to Crissy Field for one last beach run. Otis gave it his all despite not feeling well. Here are the pics from just one hour before I said goodbye. I love & miss you so much, O













Comments

Martine said…
I've been following your blog for a while now. The first picture of Otis I ever saw got me hooked and I've been coming back on a regular basis. He just looked like pure happiness... and handsomeness, of course! Sounds like he had a great life with you, but you must be so heartbroken right now. I'm sorry for your loss.
Julie Weisberg said…
Hi Martine,

Thanks for following my blog! Otis was one happy dog for sure. He lead such a great life and pushed thru the cancer like a champ. I now realize just how amazing dogs are when sick. I am very sad that Otis is gone. The only consolation I have is the fact that I know dogs don't live very long lives and that I never took O for granted and made his life unforgettable while he did the same for me.

Unfortunately my other dog, Pickle passed away the week after Otey. It was almost harder. He was younger and his illness came on unexpectedly and quickly. The place feels very empty now. I miss them both very much.

I will post about Pickle soon.
Nicole said…
Amazing pictures documenting a great life. So heartbreaking, but they are really beautiful photos.
Julie Weisberg said…
Thanks Nicole. I am happy that every time I look at these pictures I know Otis' last day was filled with all his favorite things, the ball, the ocean and me.

Popular Posts